Hoover Junior Sailing
In the past several years, Hoover Sailing Club Junior Sailing has:
- produced several nationally and regionally ranked junior racing champions
- dominated local regattas at the I-LYA Traveler Series and Junior Bay Week regattas with podium winners at nearly EVERY event in the Optimist and Laser classes
- focused on the development and training of Optimist and Laser sailors, the foundation of any successful long-term junior sailing program
- developed active 420 and Thistle teams and acquired quality Club-owned boats
- established a network of parents and supporters who have helped earned Hoover’s reputation as one of the most active junior sailing programs in the Midwest
- lent the talents of leaders to local and regional posts including the US Sailing Area E representative, the I-LYA Junior Chairperson and I-LYA regatta scoring
HSC Junior Race Team
Junior Sailors ages 7 to 18 may join the HSC Junior Race Team for opportunities to race other Clubs in the Inter-Lake Yachting Association (I-LYA), through the I-LYA Traveler Series, I-LYA Junior Bay Week on the beautiful island of Put-In-Bay and other area junior regattas. Team members are typically successful graduates of Hoover’s Sail Instruction or otherwise demonstrate proficiency in racing Optimists, Lasers, Laser Radials, C420′s, and Thistles.
Download the HSC Junior Race Team Manual (PDF)
Hoover Junior Regatta
There’s a spot for every level of experience, and lots of different boats – Optimists, C420′s, Lasers, Laser Radials, and Thistles at Hoover’s Junior Regatta.
The regatta is a I-LYA Traveler Series event and takes place on one Saturday, usually aiming for 5-7 short races with a lunch break. Get more details by searching for the event on the Notice of Race website, and mark the date on your calendar.
Hoover’s Sail Instruction staff can tell you more about Junior Sailing or the Junior Race Team, or you can contact Junior Sailing Chair, Doug Squires at 614-499-1503 or email@example.com.