High School Sailing
The High School Sailing Program provides an opportunity for all students (grades 7-12) regardless of school involvement to practice, race and travel to compete against other high schools. At the highest level, high school sailing leads to regional and national competitions, summer race teams and collegiate teams. The Midwest Interscholastic Sailing Association (MISSA) provides the regional and national platforms for advancement.
Hoover Sailing Club supports all Central Ohio high school teams. We supply boats, coaches, trailers, and more. A growing number of sailors come twice weekly to practice, and regattas are scheduled many Saturdays or Sundays. Learn more about the program.
Outside of sailing, all students are encouraged to work with their schools and team parents to promote and build the sport of sailing in Ohio. Individual schools may require fundraising. Learn more about building a team for your school.
- Sailing is a co-educational competitive sport.
- Colleges actively recruit talented sailors for their college teams.
- Sailing involves physical strength and agility, and teaches students about navigation, physics, the marine environment, and the importance of teamwork.
- Sailing is an activity that literally can take you around the globe and provide a warm introduction to other sailors in just about any country.
- Sailing is a sport that you will enjoy throughout your life.
- Supervised use of host club facilities, offering quality access to the water.
- Safety and rescue boats are on the water at all times with liability coverage under the Club’s insurance policy.
- Professional coaching during regattas and practices.
All students are welcomed to participate even if your school is not listed below.
- Thomas Worthington High School*
- Worthington Kilbourne High School
- New Albany High School*
- Westerville North*
- Westerville South*
- Westerville Central
- Olentangy Orange*
- Olentangy Liberty*
- Columbus Academy
- Dublin City Schools
- Bishop Watterson High School
- Granville High School
- Wellington School
*full registration with MISSA
For more information, contact Coach Jamie Jones at 614-216-2679