Saturday, May 22 from noon to 430p.m. there will be an “Off to a Good Start” seminar at Hoover Sailing Club to help you improve your sailing skills and have more fun on the water. Please plan to attend whether you recently joined the club, recently bought a boat, or are experienced and want to improve your boat handling. Better yet, if you are experienced and can sail with a new fleet member to help them improve their skills that is also encouraged!
- 12:00 Arrive at the club, rig your boat, put it in the water
- 1:00 Meet at the club to discuss the plan for the day
- 1:45 On the water boat handling: acceleration, starting, tacking
- 4:45 Wrap up at the club (and potentially beverages)
** BONUS – we will attempt to video everyone doing a maneuver such as tacking or rounding the weather mark and make them available afterward **
Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan on attending. We will send a more detailed description of the day early next week but let us know now if you plan on attending.
Current organizers (hopefully will grow):
- Matt Fisher
- Craig Tovell
- Stu Fisher
- Mark White
- Lisa Kreischer (videographer)